Top 5 books of 2014

17:00



I've always loved to read and have always tried to read whenever I can. So I thought that it was appropriate to share my top 5 books of 2014 (It's not too late to write this right?). These are all my own opinions and might have a different idea of what good books are, but I still recommend them.



Going from left to right...

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
This I found was amazing! If you're into werewolves/shifters you would enjoy it. I first discovered it through the sequel to it, which I found in the library and decided I wanted to read the first one because the second ones blurb sounded awesome. And true to my beliefs it was good. I think I read it in a week (school week) as I couldn't put it down. I still have yet to read the last book in the trilogy, but it's on my 'books to read' list and I can not wait to see how the story line is finished.

How To Keep A Boy As A Pet by Diane Messidoro
To be honest with you, I only bought this book because of a 3 for 2 sale on in WHSmiths and didn't know which other book to buy. However, I fell in love with it! It's based around a teen girl who writes a blog because she wants to practise her journalism skills. And it's also the book that inspired me to finally start writing a blog - though it did take a few trys. Its a book I feel a lot of teen girls can sort of relate to at some point; and wish there was a sequel to it.

Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter
This by far, I think, is my favourite out of the favourites. It's the 5th book in the Gallagher Academy books and I have loved them all. If you like action and adventure but still with the dramas from a teenage girls high school years then I'm sure you will love it. I think there is one more book in the series after this one, but I still need to get it, and I can not wait to read it!

The 13 Treasures by Michelle Harrison
This I think I got as a birthday present from my auntie maybe 2 or 3 years back but only got round to reading last year. It's a mystery fantasy book which is one of all time favourite genres to read, so this was right up my street. There are two more books to the series, I think, and I hopefully will read them in 2015.

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
I realised that it took me like ages to catch up with everyone in the hunger game phase, but I have to agree with people that it is an amazing book. I was grasped from the first page, and couldn't put it down. I know most people have probably already read it, but if you haven't for whatever reason I think you would like it.

So that's it for my top 5 books. I was thinking I might start a top 5 series as I have a couple of other ideas planned so if there is anything you would like me to write about comment below. Also, one final time this is all my opinion and everyone has a right to their own opinion; that kind of leads onto if you have any book recommendation comment below, or tweet me at @Sophinna1 because I have set my self a goal of reading 50 books this year and need some to read as my list is not that long.

Love, Sophie xox

You Might Also Like

0 comments