-->

06/10/2015

Confessions of a Blogger | Tag

Heyy everyone,

If you don't follow me on twitter (which you should do @thats_sosophie ) then you probably haven't known that I haven't kept up with blogging recently because of college work. I take 4 subjects, maths, physics, geography, and Tudor history, which I've found out recently take up a lot of my time outside of lessons (I've read so many articles for geography) though honestly I don't mind. So anyway this has resulted in myself not being able to take photos for blog posts, but as I don't have to much homework this evening I thought I would write a tag post as I haven't done any of these yet. So I've been reading through a few and found I quite liked the questions of 'confessions of a blogger' so thought I would give it a go. Anyway lets get into the questions...

When did you start your blog?
This one in particular I think was during the summer holidays last year, as I was bored and had spent my time watching YouTube but was to scared to try that so I turned to blogging and I'm so glad I did. I also wanted another platform to write on as I already wrote stories and had attempted writing songs, but I think after it all blogging has been the best one for me.

Have you had any past online presence before (Other blogs, YouTube)?
I've tried writing blogs before, but it was at a point in time when my confidence was really low, so when one of my classmates found out I stopped that blog as I was scared of what they would think. And in a way I'm glad it went that way because otherwise I wouldn't have this blog now. I also tried filming a YouTube video at one point but I was terrible at editing so that never took off aha.

Why did you start a blog?
I've always loved writing, I used to write stories and still do sometimes, but blogging for me was another way I could write and be creative. I guess I chose to start a blog in particular because it was a idea in a magazine I read about what to do during Spring break, and I wanted to try something new. So put everything together and you get this blog!

When did you become serious about starting a blog?
I never started the blog to be serious it was just something of a hobby, but I guess once I finished secondary school this year and had the long summer holidays I was able to put more of my time into it and I gave myself the goal to keep something going this time, as I have a record of quitting things when they get even the slightest bit boring (cricket would be an example of that). So I guess I could say that in July was went I actually got serious about looking after my blog.

What was your first post?
My first post was my 'Everyday Make-up'. When I started this blog I planned for it to be pretty much all beauty related, though over time I've broadened the idea to fashion, lifestyle and just random nonsense. And as I didn't want to do one of those introduce myself because at the time I didn't know who would read it and didn't want to tell everyone about myself, just posting the make-up I wore seemed like the best idea. Looking back now the photo quality isn't great and some photos are not even in focus, but what can I say, we all have to start from somewhere.

What has been your biggest challenge about blogging?
For me it was actually the social media side of things. I could take photos and write okay, but I wasn't very social in really life and my mum had told me to be so cautious about the internet that I think I was kind of scared to put myself out there. But I think now I've found a balance between what I share and what I don't, and I think it helped that I gained a load of confidence from somewhere (some reason I think it was when I started listening to Kpop) and started college so was completely thrown out my comfort zone that the internet didn't seem that scary.

Where do you see your blog in one year?
Most likely still a hobby for me to turn to when I want to be creative. I would hope my photos and context have improved and to have more people reading what I post. And even if the whole thing is slow I just hope that people will still like to read what I post.

What is the most rewarding thing to you about blogging?
The most rewarding thing about blogging, though I could write a lot for this, I feel seeing people are reading what I've spent time to create and what I am proud of, and seemed to be enjoying it actually makes me feel really happy. Having liked minded people to talk to about things I love is amazing.

What is the most discouraging thing that happens to you?
There isn't much that discourages me. It was a long time before I even got about 10 reads on posts and even longer before I got any comments (Thank you Thrifty Vintage Fashion, she was the first person to comment on any of my posts and it actually made me so happy) that I just keep going because this is my hobby and I enjoy it and in the end that is all that really matters, right?

What's your lasting inspirations or motivation?
Thinking about it most of my inspiration comes from other bloggers, we all feed off each other and I guess that's what brings us closer as a community. But apart from that my inspiration can come in forms of lyrics in music to actions in shows I watched, ideas tend to come to me at the most random time. As for motivation, though you have other bloggers and people around you who can give you this, in the end I find it's just me and my laptop that can actually create the blog post. However I do find that listening to music can put me in a good mood which leads to me having motivations, so you could say it was all down to music (I now feel like I'm writing a history essay concluding it like that aha).

Okay so that's the end of the questions, if you like these kind of posts let me know and maybe mention some other tags I could do. I'm not going to tag anyone in particular to do this tag as I don't know who has done it or not, but if you do tell me and I will read it, I'm curious of other people's answers to these questions.

Anyway, Till next time, Sophie xox

 photo sign off_zps8sf8xlmg.png

No comments:

Post a Comment