-->

30/10/2015

Trick'or'Treat | Halloween biscuits


Heyy everyone,

It's time for the last of my Halloween posts, and for this one I've decided to branched out of my comfort zone and do a baking post. I'm not the best at baking, all my family and friends know I'm so much better at maths when we were at school, but I've given it a go and hopefully you can enjoy how un-artistic I am.

I chose to do orange biscuits, though could have done Pumpkin for a more Halloween feel but we didn't have any pumpkin at available use in the house, that I then tried to decorated with Halloween characters. Okay I'll give you the recipe then the photos of how mine turned out.

You Will Need:
  • 100g plain flour
  • 50g butter or margarine
  • 50g caster sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 level teaspoon of orange rind
Method
  1. Light the oven, Gas mark 4 or 180'C.
  2. Separate the egg yolk from the white. And grate the rind of the orange finely.
  3. Place flour into a mixing bowl and rub in the butter, then stir in the sugar and orange rind. Add the egg yolk and mix this the dough becomes smooth.
  4. Knead lightly, then roll out the dough thinly. Cut about 15 biscuits with a medium sized cutter (I actually ended up with about 18, but who's to judge ^_^ )
  5. Place on the baking sheet, brush with the beaten egg white and sprinkle with a little sugar
  6. Bake for 12-15 minutes until pale gold. Leave to cool before removing them from the baking tray.
Then all that is left to do is decorate then or not if you want to leave them plain. But for decoration be as daring and creative or as little of the both as you want.


As you can see I went with doing spiders, dripping blood and a skull/ghost design on my biscuits, and looking at them you can see why I take maths and physics and not any arty subjects. But at least there is room to improve and I can work on that by my next baking post, if you guys would like to see one?

So that's the Halloween series done and dusted! Guess I should start working on some Christmas posts now aha. I hope you've enjoyed this series as much as I've enjoyed writing it.

Over to you, What is your favourite part of Halloween? And have you baked anything for the season?

Till next time, Sophie xox


 photo sign off_zps8sf8xlmg.png

No comments:

Post a Comment