Favourites of 2015 | Music and Films

17:00

Heyy everyone,

I can't believe how fast 2015 has come to an end. This year has gone so fast it feels like, breezing by too fast that I'm sure I've hardly had one moment of peace to breathe. Anyway I thought to sum up the year I could share with you a bunch of my favourites from 2015, that is if I can remember the best as I've so many things this year. So to start this off I thought music and films would be a good way.

This list for music might be quite a bit longer than films but I'm going to try at shorten it down to six, going by the ones I've had on repeat the most. Just saying before I start these are all my own opinions and if you differ well we're all different so yeah, lets get into the list. I love writing lists ^_^


  • Vixx 'On and On'

Though this isn't one of those latest releases, I fell in love with this song mainly because of the music video. The boys from Vixx are aliens who save a girl, really I got quite confused by this concept but the dance for it is amazing and I kind of envy them for being able to dance so well. But over all I love this song, though not in English the tune was catchy and I found myself humming to it hours later.
  • BTS 'Dope'
Apart from Girls Generation and Exo, BTS were the first group that got me into Kpop and in particular it was their song 'Dope'. It is super catchy and I just love all the boys costumes for the music video. In addition their dance skills are on point. It's unbelievable how well they dance considering how hard the dance is. Though similar to Vixx, though they are amazing dancers in the end I love their voices, and it's that one group that no matter the theme I would listen to any of their songs.
  • Fall Out Boy 'Centuries'
Shocking to some people but I only really listened to any Fall Out Boy songs this year and that was because they sung 'Immortals' in Big Hero 6. But listening to that lead me to 'Centuries' and I fell in love with it. Not only is the music video cool, being set in ancient Roman times, but the song is amazing and just yeah I don't know how else to describe it, I should really learn some more descriptive words.
  • Day 6 'Congratulations'
I mentioned these boys in my music favourites the other month and though I've had their whole mini album on repeat on my phone at college 'Congratulations' will always be my favourite. Unlike the first two they don't dance and are a band band, but there is something about a band that you can't help but love. Also their voices are divine!
  • Royal Pirates 'Run Away'
My friend introduced Royal Pirates to me only the other month but I'm still going to include them in my 2015 favourites because I have literally had them on repeat since she showed them to me. They are more of a band like Day 6 but unlike Day 6 are more of a rock band, and though I do love my pop music there is something about a bit of rock (or more pop/rock) that I just can't turn down. Anyway if you want to see why I love them so much they're on YouTube and have even done covers in English.
  • Ed Sheeran 'I See Fire' 
This last one was hard to chose between this one and 'Good Girls' by 5 Seconds of Summer, but my heart will always lean more towards Ed Sheeran than 5SOS. I actually found this after watching The Hobbit (the second one I think) as it was the song on during the ending credits, and I don't know if anyone else does but I always search up the songs at the end of a movie, and most of the time fall in love with them, 'I See Fire' is no different.


Films for me is a lot harder than music for a different reason. Though with music there is so much to choose from I don't really watch that many films and if I have they must of not been that good as I've forgotten what I watched, or it could just be because I've been watching a lot of Korean dramas and anime this year, now that list will be long (I can write my favourites to that next year if anyone would like it?) but I'm keeping this to films 'mostly'.

  • Big Hero 6
I'm a Disney lover, and though most people see this as the princess movies like Frozen and Tangled and though I love them there is something about Big Hero 6 that pushes it's way to the top of my list. I think because there is a lot more action than a typical Disney movie makes me love it, along with the art work that is just on point, and that I love all the characters. I honestly couldn't pick between any of them, you got to love Hiro and Baymax.
  • The Hobbit
I've been a fan of The Lord of the Rings since I watched all the movies in one weekend, I was definitely not tearing up by the end, and since The Hobbit is a prequel to it I really couldn't turn it down. I'm always a sucker for fantasy movies as well as the action, and with that sub-plot of romance, it is really an all around good movie. If you haven't watched it I would definitely say to check it out even if it isn't your normal type of film. Not only was it an awesome movie but it also lead to me to one of my favourite songs. But yeah I wish I was better a describing why I love things, but I hope you get the point.
  • Arrow
So Arrow isn't a film, but it's close enough. I know if people watch this they're probably up to like season 5 or something, but we only got it last Christmas and only the first two seasons on box-set. It has taken my dad and I a whole year just to watch the first season due to being busy and we made a pack to watch it together, but so far I'm loving it. It's one of those series with a lot of action but also has lots of other themes, as well as leaving you trying to figure out a lot. Or that could just be me trying to follow the plot to deeply. Anyway it's a good series to watch and I can't wait to get started on the next series in the new year.
  • Howl's Moving Castle
Okay I'm putting this in here even if I only watched it last night, because it is just that good. I've have been meaning to watch this movie for years, like literally ever time Film4 has Studio Ghibli films on I watch them all but it never has Howl's Moving Castle, so when I saw it on the other day I was literally over the moon. Not only is the main character named Sophie but the quirkiness of this movie is right up my street. Though I do like my full on action movies there is something about a group of completely different people going round in this moving castle that you just can't help but just love. It was one of those films that I just didn't want to finish and I will definitely be watching again in the near future.

Anyway I don't think I can think of any more that have stood out this year, but then I haven't really had time to watch movies till it came to the Christmas holidays, and then most of them have been Studio Ghibli ones, they definitely make some of my all time favourite anime films, and I have a whole load that has been recorded over Christmas still to watch.

Okay, so that's my first post for my favourites of 2015. I don't think I've written so much in a blog post in a while, most of the time it has been pictures. Anyway I want to know what music and films you guys have been loving this year, I'm always up for discovering new things.

Bye Lovelies
Sophie xox

You Might Also Like

0 comments