-->

24/01/2016

A Book or Two to Read

Heyy everyone,

So though recently I haven't had much time to sit down and read or I just can't get into the mood to read, I have quite a long list of books I fancy reading. I'm a total bookworm and have loved reading for as long as I can remember, so this list will forever be long but anyway this intro doesn't seem to be going any where further so lets get into the list.

Between the pages of a book is a lovely place to be


  • The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
I actually started reading this last year but didn't get very far into it because I needed to read a book for school, and I'm one who has to stick to one book at a time, so though I started this I had to stop. But this year I plan to finish it. It's written in a style which I'm not used to with the narrator I think being death, but I find it so cool. And now looking at the blurb yes it is narrated by death. I wont give too much away but I'll give you the blurb of the book "This is a tale of the book thief as narrated by death. And when death tells a story, you really have to listen. It's just a small story really, about, amongst other things: a girl, an accordionist, some fanatical Germans, a Jewish fist fighter and quite a lot of thievery" Just that kind of got me gripped, and I'm hoping to finish it soon as I promised myself that I would read the book before I watched the film.

  • To all the boys I've ever loved by Jenny Han
This is not a typical Sophie book since I'm normally one who reached for the adventure, action and fantasy ones but this one sounds pretty good. I don't think I could imagine if (if I had any) love lettered I had written got out to the people they were to. I actually really want to know what happens to Lara and how she over comes it. Quite a lot I read blurbs that give away most of the story but this doesn't so now I'm intrigued to find out how everything ends.

  • Young, Gifted and Dead by Lucy Carver
This is one of those ones that when I went into Asda saw on the shelf read the blurb and thought it sounded good so wrote it on my list on my phone so I could get round to getting it from the library at some point. And still I haven't aha. To me it sounded a bit like the Gallagher Academy books by Ally Carter which I love, so I thought since I've nearly finished that series I would try this one out.

  • Perfect Scoundrels by Ally Carter
As I mentioned it the part before I'm a fan of Ally Carter and since this is the third instalment in the Heist Society series you can kind of tell since I've read the rest. These are the sort of books that once I start reading I wont be able to stop so I need to find some time to read this but I'm so looking forward to it, it's been sat on my shelf begging to be read for a good while now.

  • All the Harry Potter Books
Yes I haven't read them, but I have watched all the movies. I don't typically read a book series and watch the movies because it bothers me if they are different. But since I love Harry Potter I just kind of have to read them. I actually really want to get the collection of them so they can also go on my bookcase and I would rather have a paper copy of them than a digital which I have of other books. I don't think I really need to explain why this is on my to read this any further hehe.

This is only a small portion of the books I want to read but I thought I would keep it to five. Have you read any of these books I've mentioned? What are your thoughts on them? Most likely once I've read them I'll write reviews on them so look out for them in the future ^_^

What books do you recommend to read?
Sophie xox




 photo sign off_zps8sf8xlmg.png

No comments:

Post a Comment