-->

31/01/2016

Staying Positive ^_^

Heyy everyone,

Okay, so since the other week I had mocks and yes there was things that needed to be improved upon I decided that through it all I needed to stay positive. And since the last post I put up was one that was meant to be helpful I thought I would give my hand at writing another one, this time on staying positive. Before I actually start with the list I'm just going to be honest with you all and say that I'm not always the most positive person and that's okay because we're human after all and we don't just have one emotion, but this is for those times where you need ideas on how to cheer-up even if its just a little.


  • Listening to music
I love listening to music! Though I can't sing or play any instrument (at this moment in time) and since I listen to kpop I have no idea what they are saying most of the time, when I listen to certain songs you can't help but just smile. If I put on a good up beat song my mood tends to go with it and I start feeling happy again, and it just kind of gives me a break from what ever if stressing me out. Plus I love dancing, so having a song that I can dance to always puts me back on the positive track. I really don't know what else to write but yeah listening to music is my first point on staying positive.

  • Talk it through
I know not everyone likes talking about how they are doing with other people. But try to find that one person who you trust and if you ever feel any worries talk about it with them before it becomes a huge weight on your shoulder. As they say a problem shared if a problem halved! You'll feel so much better and positive after talking it through as it's no longer weighing on your shoulders and also the person you've talked it through might be able to give you some advice to make things much better.

  • Treat yourself
Okay so most of the time when people feel less positive is when they have a ton of stress put onto them. But instead of thinking about just the things that aren't going great for you look pass them into the near future and see of there is something to look forward to. For example, I have a maths exam on Wednesday and to stay positive my friend and I have planned to hang out afterwards hopefully going to Costa or Starbucks, meaning I have something to look forward than just a maths exam. It's worked for me so why not try it out. Also treating yourself to a few little buys isn't too bad either.

  • Smile
The thing about smiling though you might not feel up to it, when you do you will feel better. Smiling produces chemicals in your brain that will put you in a good mood, I think, and I won't go into it further since I'm a physics student not biology or chemistry. But anyway the point is that once you smile you'll feel better. Plus smiling is contagious so you'll be able to make people around you smile and feel better as well. I feel like I'm not selling this week aha. So really though I know it isn't always like this 'fake it till you make it' going about it as smile even if you don't feel that positive because soon enough you'll feeling positive enough to smile for real.

In the end staying positive is all up to you and your perspective on things. I definitely feel I'm not the best at giving advice but at least I've tried, I'll definitely improve for future posts. Anyway these tips have helped me recently so I hope they will help you as well.

Have you got any tips to staying positive that you could share with everyone?

Bye Lovelies
Sophie xox

 photo sign off_zps8sf8xlmg.png

No comments:

Post a Comment