Back To School Hacks

17:00



I'm back with the second installment for my back-to-school series for this year, and trying to be the helpful human being I am I thought I could gather together some hacks that are either great for helping you to get back into the rhythm of school or college or just helpful through out the whole school year.
  1. Use scholar.google.com instead of google.com for more student helpful web pages.
  2. You're more likely to remember something written in blue ink - I always make class notes in black and then revision notes in blue.
  3. Peppermint stimulates the brain and helps with concentration - an excuse for those peppermint teas and hot chocolates as we move into the colder months.
  4. Study hard for 30-50 minutes with 10 minutes breaks for best results, we don't want to over work are brains so they turn to mush right.
  5. Writing something out is equivalent to reading it seven times.
  6. Don't know whether to write "affect" or "effect" try using "impact" instead.
  7. First day of school? Take a picture of your schedule with your room numbers and set it as your lock screen so you can't forget where to go next period.
  8. Always feel tired even after getting a good long sleep? You're probably dehydrated. Drink some water right when you wake up to face the day in a better mood.
  9. Study notes within one day of taking them. Apparently retention rates are 60% higher then.
  10. You're 50% more likely to remember something is you speak it out loud instead of simply reading it over and over.

I mostly found these hacks of Pinterest, the amount of hacks on there is amazing. I've actually got a school hacks board if you fancy checking out some more helpful hacks. However reading these 10 I've realised that I one already knew they were hacks or have been using them already with out realising. 

I'm definitely going to give my own try to more hacks this year and see if I can make my college and studying life a little easier or at least flow easier, the work is never that easy being A-Level.

Have you used any of these hacks before? Do you have anymore you would recommend?

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. These are actually some really helpful tips that I've either never heard of or never tried before. Definitely going to be trying some out. x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100% will be using all these backs for sixth form (: I'm so scared for these next two years but I'll definitely take this points in consideration to help me through!
    Lauren xx
    www.teastainedlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll do fine, sixth form isn't as scary, and the two years will go quickly, I know my first year did xx

      Delete
  3. These are so helpful! I am going to check out your pinterest board with more of these tips xx
    blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you find even more that are helpful xx

      Delete
  4. These are really helpful Sophie, thank you for sharing! I totally agree with number 5, writing things down when I'm studying always helps me to memorize things better x

    Sara’sChapters

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, I always need inspiration for studying, particularly liked the hack about effect vs affect so just use impact

    ReplyDelete
  6. These tips will really help me as Im going into second year of college and I hope they will make alevels suck less haha
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with second year of college

      Delete
  7. I've seen a few of these hacks before but it was a lovely reminder of them and some of them I haven't heard before so will definitely be using this year, thank you for sharing xo

    emsirose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the ones you didn't know become helpful, no problem xx

      Delete