-->

29/01/2017

It's Okay To Take A Break

reducing stress
It's only been a couple weeks into this college term.

But I already feel like I could be reaching breaking point.

It's like I'm an elastic band, and I've nearly stretched myself too far, I'm going to break.


So for this weeks post, partly for myself and for others as well I thought I should write not only tips of how to retreat from that breaking point but also a reminder.

A reminder that it's okay to be weak sometimes.
It's okay, to want to cry.
It's okay, to want to take a break.
It's okay, to want to let everything ago.
As long a we don't give up in the end.

People will break for many reasons, for me it's stress. I do not deal with stress very well sometimes, okay pretty much all the time. But I'm working on it.

As I'm not only reducing my stress during a stressful situation, but also trying to find ways to reduce it in other parts of my life that I can control, here's a little list of things I do when I'm trying to to stress.

1. Keep everything up to date.
2. Read about the practical if I'm doing it in the lesson the next day.
3. Put on some music, for me recently it has been the ost's from Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo.
4. Read a book, take your mind away from the stressful things.
5. Write it out, either blogging or in a journal.
6. Lay down with headphones on.
7. Watch a movie or drama.
8. If it's homework that's stressing you, start with the one that you find the easiest, for me it's maths. I do that first then move onto physics.

Just a small list of things I've been doing recently to try and stop myself having any breakdowns over college work.

Before I finish this post, once again I want to say it's okay to want to take a break. It's okay to have an evening off from studying if you feel you can't cope. And if anyone ever wants to talk I'm always only a small dm away on Twitter.

Keep up to date ^_^  Twitter Instagram Bloglovin

 photo sign off_zps8sf8xlmg.png

20 comments:

  1. This post has come at a good time for me! I think I've been putting too much pressure on myself recently and it's weighing me down. But taking a break a putting myself out of the situation might be a good idea! X
    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I hope it gets better soon for you then. If you ever need anyone to talk to you can pop me a dm on twitter, I'm always free to talk x

      Delete
  2. This was so helpful and I can definitely relate to feeling like an elastic band. My teachers have been setting me huge pieces of homework and it is taking up so much of my time and leaving me so stressed, I will definitely follow your tips xx
    http://blossomofhope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very refreshing to see, I've been working myself so hard recently, I've hit this creative block and I'm tired so it's not good! Thanks for this post x
    www.lexiealexandra.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope you feel less tired soon, give yourself a break x

      Delete
  4. I rarely used to take breaks because I never wanted to let anyone down but breaks are so good, they refresh you and make you feel engergised again! Have a great week :)

    Trishna xx

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely, it sounds like you are doing amazing, you go girl! Such lovely tips too, sometimes the most beneficial thing you can do is to rest and give yourself a break :D your blog is lovely! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post! Its really good Sophie!! If you are ever feeling stressed and want to talk, you know where I am.

    Love Hannah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hannah, that means a lot x

      Delete
  7. Love this! It is okay to take a break and think of 'me' time, we often try to please everyone, when we really such care about our stress levels and just take a step back. Great blog, please stop by mine some time :-).

    Top Style Advice | Fashion and Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we really should take care of ourselves more x

      Delete
  8. Now I understand how you happen to relate so much to me over on my post. Have you tried meditating? It is a LIFESAVER for me, and I've been doing it at my own pace since summer of 2016. Helps a ton, and it really is nice to just sit down and breathe for a moment. Much love x

    Kyia at WANDERLUSTGIRL// Lifestyle & Beauty
    Let’s be BLOGLOVIN friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried meditating during GCSE's almost two years ago now, but haven't since then. I might take it up again x

      Delete
  9. I really liked this post. I'm literally posting one just like it next week :). I can't wait to read more of your blog.
    Ranyel x
    www.nocaremoreflare.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was such a lovely post,Sometimes I don't even realise that I'm really stressed out until I feel so physically and mentally drained to a point where I have to take a break.Great post :)

    ReplyDelete