-->

12/02/2017

A Valentines Day For Me




This year I think I'll be my own Valentine.

It's always a typical blogger thing to create blog posts for seasons and celebrations through out the year, it gives us something to write about really. However Valentines Day has never really been one of my favourite ones.

It's not like I'm a grinch-y kind of character for valentines day, I've just never really had a reason to celebrate it.

So this year, while out shopping with my mum who was looking for chocolates for my dad, I decided I would be my own valentine. At the time just so I had a reason to buy some chocolate with out feeling guilty.

But later I started thinking.

I don't think I've been giving myself enough self love over the past couple of weeks, or even months. I've been stressed a lot, with college work, studying, uni and planning for an Iceland trip. Might not seem much but I can become way too stressed way too easily.

So with it being the season for love, why not give myself some.

It's not wrong for us to love ourselves, well I guess as long as you don't go over the top. As I see it, we're the one person who's always going to be there for ourselves throughout our lives no matter what. So we better love ourselves and ourselves love us.

We deserve that!

And it's not like we need a partner to share some love. You can share love between family and friends as well.

There isn't just one type of love.

Anyway this has turned into a bit of a ramble.

If you do celebrate Valentines Day with your other half, that's awesome. And if not, think about giving yourself some love.

And keep it up. Loving isn't just for one day of the year.

Why not share so love <3  Twitter Instagram Bloglovin 

 photo sign off_zps8sf8xlmg.png

22 comments:

  1. Lovely post, make valentines day a day to love yourself!

    Lauren x Huggled

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you; loving yourself isn't just for one day of the year. Love this post!
    -Maria
    IN 1997

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree with you and it is so good that you have realised you deserve more self care xx
    http://blossomofhope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an inspirational post, we all defiantly deserve self love!

    Samara // themarshallwardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post! Being your own Valentine is the best and we need appreciate self love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving yourself is very important! Great post Sophie! Love your blog header btw :)

    Terri x
    www.territalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. My boyfriend and I didn't celebrate this year for the simple reason that we believe it shouldn't be celebrated only on one day of the year so I agree with you there!
    By the way I love your hair and rambling is ok!
    Great post xxx

    The Frugal Teen | http://thefrugalteen.wixsite.com/thefrugalteen

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post is so positive and throws a completely different light on valentine's day (a day I don't like too much either because I'm always such a loner, haha) and I think this is a great perspective to come from. I absolutley love the photography from this post, too, by the way, hehe!

    xx Solange | creativepineapples.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for us single pringles! I'm glad you like the photography too xx

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you, that's sweet of you to say xx

      Delete
  10. Amazing post!!
    Valentine should be to celebrate all types of love and, no doubt, love our own self is the most important kind of love!
    Have a happy weekend
    Kisses
    xx

    https://thathappymess.com/blog/2017/2/20/vegan-beet-hummus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, have a happy weekend to you too xx

      Delete
  11. This was such a lovely post.
    Love is love :)

    ZEKALIN

    ReplyDelete