-->

26/03/2017

17 Things I've Learnt At 17

It's crazy to think that tomorrow I will be turning eighteen.

It never truly registered in my mind that I have been seventeen for this last year, yet some how another year has passed and I've survived it some how.


I've kind of always wanted to write this sort of post. Listing down things from the last year. As a kind of remembrance of the growth the year has brought and maybe you can relate to it too.

Though really this last year all I've done is college and blogging, so maybe the points will kind of over lap since there is only so much you can learnt from college and blogging.

So onto 17 things I've learnt at 17...

  1.  Even if you try your best it doesn't always give you the results you wanted, and that's okay.
  2. Though you think you might have made a huge failure, it is sure to open up more possibilities for you.
  3. Those people who you never really see but always seem to make time to pop up even online are those people who are meant to be your friends.
  4.  People will understand when you try to talk about how you feel, you don't have to always bottle it up.
  5.  A ton of stuff about formation of weather features, that I wont really need in the future.
  6. Time disappears way to quickly.
  7. You might argue but your little sister will still want you too do your big sister duties.
  8. Small steps are still some steps
  9. There are people out there who want to read what you have to say, be it blogging or fiction, and do actually find it interesting.
  10. If you skip a day of revision it's okay.
  11. You're not going to feel on top of the world all the time but that's okay.
  12. Even though your family can laugh at you for what you love, if it makes you happy keep it.
  13. Don't let other people's opinions dictate the decisions you make for your future.
  14. Dress for comfort, physically and mentally, and your day will feel so much better.
  15. Fail many tests it doesn't dictate the end result.
  16. Feel love not only from others but also from yourself. And if not a good romance drama can make you feel so much better.
  17. There is still so much to learn about who I am and who I want to be.
Though there's still much to learn, about anything and everything, I feel this last year one thing I've learnt the most is me. I guess getting away from school and meeting tons of new people does that to you.

Who knows what this next year will bring, but lets just say it's going to be a big one.

Keep up to date...  Twitter Instagram Bloglovin 

 photo sign off_zps8sf8xlmg.png

29 comments:

  1. So many lovely points! I definitely agree with all of them. X

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you did x

      Delete
    2. I definitely agree with all of these! Leaving school really does teach you so much and really opens your eyes up to the real world x

      Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  2. Awww this is so lovely, such lovely lessons! I will definitely pass it on to my sister too as she is approaching 16 :D your blog is so cute! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope you sister enjoys it if she reads it xx

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful post <3 Honestly love all the points you've shared, they are so important! I know a lot of people (sometimes me too ahah) who still forget these things and don't cut themselves a break and appreciate where they are at, it's great that you've learnt all this already :)

    findyourownhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice to see people share the things they've learned, and I think that through blogging as my outlet, I've also learned a lot about myself, and it has helped me see my path a little clearer. Of course I'm still quite young and have a longgg way to go before truly understanding who I am, but I think growing up is all part of the fun. Cute post xx

    Kyia at WANDERLUSTGIRL// Lifestyle & Beauty
    Let’s be BLOGLOVIN friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can agree on the long way to go for me too. Thank you xx

      Delete
  5. Such a sweet post, Sophie! Even though I was 17 like one million years ago, I remember it so well :) In fact, I actually even remember telling myself not to forget that when I was 17, I had the best year ever lol :D
    I couldn't agree more with no.17, girl. There is sooooo much you will learn about the world around you and your place there, as well as who you are. Exciting stuff <3
    xox Nadia
    www.mielandmint.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 18th birthday! This is a great list, you have learnt so much already for me the first one is something I still struggle with a lot, thank you for sharing. Hope you had an amazing birthday xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! i love number 15, it's such a real lesson- I always feel like it's the end of the world when I don't get exactly what I want after an exam. such fab points <3

    Dalal
    monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you liked the points x

      Delete
  8. I think it's so great that you're already reflecting this much at 17, I feel like at 17 I was so much in my own world that I couldn't be reflective if I tried!

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete
  9. reminds me of me ten years back! (so old now T.T) love this post girl!

    marisa
    summerinmarch

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved this post, you're way more wise than I was at 17 :)

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog
    My Instagram | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I still have a lot to learn though x

      Delete
  11. Those are some great life lessons, particularly the one about small steps are still steps. I think we never stop making mistakes or learning. It'll be interesting to look back on this list in a few years time and see how much you've grown and changed. Hope you had a lovely birthday! ^_^
    Marian @ Ivory Clouds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure will be interesting, and thank you I did x

      Delete
  12. Loved this lovely! I turn 17 in July and can't wait to see what it brings xo

    emsirose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have learned a ton of really important lessons already given your age! Keep learning and you'll rock 18!

    Britt | http://alternativelyspeaking.ca/

    ReplyDelete