I'm Off To Uni and Feeling Anxious

16:30


It's that time in life where I'm about to turn the page to start a new chapter of my story.
A new section in the journey they call life.
Ready to cross over the bridges of challenges that I am pretty sure I will have to face along the way.
Yet I'm at a phase of feeling rather jittery about it all.



If you didn't know yet I'm off to uni in roughly a fortnight.

But right now I'm sitting here trying to process everything that is going to happen since everything else is pretty much ready in place for me to move in in the coming weeks.

I'm probably at one of those dangerous stages where you start to over think every possibility that could happen and worry about everything that could go wrong.

There are so many things that are going to be completely out of my comfort zone. Moving in with people I don't even know. Making friends. Living in a different city. A night life that isn't really me. Having to cook every meal myself. Shop for food or shop for anything in general. 

I know that people are going to say and have already said such things as "you'll be fine", "you're ready for this" and "everyone's in the same boat". But it doesn't really stop my brain from overthinking and my heart from picking up speed as I think about it. From my stomach being filled with butterflies of nerves, that are making quite a storm in there.

Despite it all though, I do want to go to university!

I love learning. I always have and plan to continue doing so. I'm taking a course that really interests me, even if I have no idea where it will take me in the future. And I guess it's kind of a nice stepping stone on the way to be a fully fledged adult, I definitely still feel like I should be in year 7 sometimes.

So though it hasn't fully set in that I'm moving out or moving onto the next stage in my life. I think, somewhere deep down, that I know I'm ready and can deal with the challenges that I'm going to face. And that I'm going to be okay at doing everything that has been outside of my comfort zone for as long as I can remember. I guess it's time to step outside this bubble.

Once I've settled into uni, would you like any uni related post from me? If so what?

Are any of you moving on to a new chapter, be that a new school, college or uni, or something else entirely?

Keep up to date ...  Twitter Instagram Bloglovin 

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. I know it may seem scary at first, but you'll settle in right away! If the going out life isn't for you, don't feel pressured to go out if you don't want too.. you'll only end up having a rubbish time! Best of luck lovely :-)
    www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine how you're feeling but you can 100% do this! Best of luck. X

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea how you must be feeling at the moment but I wish you the best of luck! You are going to be great, no matter what you decide to do while at Uni!
    Grace xx
    gracexkate.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not off to Uni just yet, but I am looking forward to it, a lot. I know it's lifechanging and nerve-racking, but think of the new beginnings, the opportunities, the fun your going to have! Good luck dear!
    Coco|pjsandstuff.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll do amazing! I wish you the best of luck! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck, Sophie! <3

    https://octoberslallu.blogspot.qa/

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the style of your blog!
    I`m following your blog with a great pleasure in Google+
    Follow back? Sunny Eri: beauty experience

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear, it's okay to feel that way, but surely amazing things will start happening. Well, experiences are all different for everyone but being anxious, we've been all there. I'm already in my last semester at Uni and how nostalgic I'm feeling because of it. I'm trying to make the most out of it from the last months that are left. It's been fun and can't wait to know what else is in store for me. I wish you all the best and hope you enjoy it too and make memories! :-)

    Happy weekend!
    XO, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, your comment made me feel so reassurance x

      Delete